Job Announcement: Operations Manager
Ours to Change Mississippi (OTC) believes that Mississippi’s future depends on having an educated populace. We are working to ensure that Mississippi fully funds K-12 public education by 2020. This long-term effort is committed to building an infrastructure that can also support other campaigns for the future of the state, including universal Pre-K.
We are looking for an Operations Manager who will work directly with the Executive Director to help oversee the day-to-day operations, as well as working to fulfill the long-term goals of Ours to Change.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
The Operations Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Complete various administrative projects, including: data entry, organizing and securing files (paper and electronic) containing private information, implementing organizational policies and procedures, and supporting immediate office demands.
- Use technology to complete special projects, coordinate team member schedules, organize information, and prioritize duties.
- Able to demonstrate computer proficiency, including typing 45+ WPM and navigate multiple computer applications effortlessly.
- Responsible for the reception duties, greeting visitors, answering the incoming telephone calls and appropriately directing calls.
- Work with payroll administrator completing payroll and expense reimbursements.
- Manage office systems (internet, printer/scanner/copier) and updating as needed, using the best technology for a fast-paced team.
- If time allows, assist staff with additional projects.
The best candidates for this position should possess each of the following qualifications:
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Strong decision-making abilities.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion and a passion for OTC values.
- Strong knowledge of Mississippi.
- Minimum of 3 years or more of relevant experience in office management, operations manager or other operations positions.
- Ability to work effectively with others and to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to apply critical thinking, and sound judgment in an ever-changing environment with
- multiple and competing priorities.
The Operations Manager will be expected to work an average of 30 hours per week and maintain regular office hours. However, those hours may be customized to meet the needs of the applicant and some hours may be done remotely with prior approval from the Executive Director.
Compensation and Benefits:
The position of Operations Manager is a part-time position, with salary and benefits commensurate with the position’s responsibilities and the person’s depth and range of relevant experience.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org subject line: OTC – OM.
Ours to Change provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, ethnic or religious background, descent or nationality, sexual orientation, gender (including pregnancy), gender identification, disability, marital status, age, height, weight, or military service. This policy applies to employment, internships, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, relationships with vendors, use of contractors and consultants and in dealing with the general public.