Job Opening: Central MS Outreach Coordinator
Ours to Change Mississippi (OTC) believes that Mississippi’s future depends on having an educated populace. We are working to ensure that Mississippi fully funds K-12 public education by 2020. This long-term effort is committed to building an infrastructure that can also support other campaigns for the future of the state, including universal Pre-K.
We are looking for an Outreach Coordinator for the Central Mississippi region. He/she will work directly with the Organizing Director to help oversee the organizing strategy, as well as working to fulfill the long-term goals of Ours to Change statewide.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the Jackson Metro area, Delta region, counties/districts included in the Central MS region, and others as the work requires
- Create and implement a community outreach plan that supports the goal of fully funding public education statewide in Mississippi
- Cultivate relationships with community stakeholders such as local education leaders, elected officials, businesses, relevant community organizations
- Work to develop relationships with leaders in millennial organizations, groups convened by parents of public school kids, and the African American community
- Oversee the planning and implementation of outreach strategies
- Participate in speaking opportunities relevant to public education policy and/or civic engagement
- Organize and participate in community outreach activities to educate the broader community about Ours to Change, including our activities and projects.
- Oversee the maintenance of a community database of interested parties and issues.
- Respond to public and community inquiries and brief organization staff on matters of public interest and concern relevant to assigned region.
- Attend training opportunities for grassroots organizing, public service, etc. as approved by the Executive Director
The best candidates for this position should possess each of the following qualifications:
- Strong decision-making abilities
- Demonstrated commitment to OTC values of equity, inclusion, and diversity
- Ability to create and establish professional relationships with community members, organizations, school faculty/staff, and students.
- Knowledge and experience in working with diverse communities of Mississippi
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of Mississippi.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Time management skills
- Familiar with social media platforms/ability to use each platform
- Familiar with Mississippi public school system
- Willingness to travel
Compensation and Benefits:
The position of Outreach Coordinator is a full-time position, with salary and benefits commensurate with the position’s responsibilities and the person’s depth and range of relevant experience.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org subject line: OTC – CMOC.
Ours to Change provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, ethnic or religious background, descent or nationality, sexual orientation, gender (including pregnancy), gender identification, disability, marital status, age, height, weight, or military service. This policy applies to employment, internships, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, relationships with vendors, use of contractors and consultants and in dealing with the general public.